[AccessD] Can't Disable Control

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Mar 15 19:44:05 CDT 2010

Dear List:

In the following code:

    Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!fldFormulaBOMSequence.Enabled = False
    Me.cmdExit.SetFocus
    Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!cboCTNID.Enabled = False
    Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!fldCTNPricePerPound.Enabled = False
    Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!fldFormulaBOMQuantity.Enabled = False
    Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!cmd100.Enabled = False

when it tries to execute     Me.subfrmFormulaBOM!cboCTNID.Enabled = False I
get an error 2164 - you can't disable a control while it has the focus.  I
stuck that Me.cmdExit.SetFocus in there right before the line just to make
sure the focus was elsewhere but I get it anyway.

I'm thinking this is one of those error messages that doesn't really mean
what it says but I don't know.

Any guesses?

BTW cboCTNID is a bound control like the others - bound to a field in the
record source.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software