[AccessD] Excel - HOW TO SEE MY MODULES COLLECTION

Collins, Darryl Darryl.Collins at anz.com
Thu Mar 18 21:13:56 CDT 2010

John,

Coding in Excel in my bread and butter.  Feel free to ask on or off
line.

The VBE is very similar to MS Access - if you can code in VBE Access you
will pick up Excel very quickly.  Open Excel, and press F11 to open the
VBE

In the VBE goto the View option on the menu

Ensure you can view
1: Project Explorer (Ctrl+R)
2: Code Window (F7)
3: Properties (F4)
4: Locals Window (not absolutely necessary but very handy I find).

In the explorer window you will only the sheet modules.  You can code
directly into these, but I usually put everything in modules.  Insert
Module will create a standard Module just like in Access.  You can also
insert Class modules (I know you like to play with those classes).

"Option Private Module" up the top of the module will keep the code
hidden from the user. I nearly always use this along with "Option
Explicit" (just like Access).

An Excellent mailing list for Excel help are:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=EXCEL-G <for general
stuff>
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=EXCEL-L <coding and more
advanced stuff>

X-posting is usually not necessary as most folks (including me) are
subbed to both lists.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Darryl