[AccessD] Combo Box Query Fails

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Mar 20 19:38:47 CDT 2010

Here's a communication from the client and my questions:

Hi Rocky,

I installed the new 2319 file on my wife's Sony VAIO and it works fine.
*** Was E-Z-MRP connected to the back end on your server or running locally
on her machine?

 It also works fine on my Sony VAIO.
*** Was E-Z-MRP connected to the back end on your server or running locally
on your machine?

 Both computers run XP as well as Office 2003 (without Access and Outlook).
Based on this it seemed reasonable to assume that the lack of Office 2003
was the problem.
*** I think getting Office 2003 with Access will be the ultimate solution.

 I also installed the new 2319 you sent on another computer and still had
the problem.
*** Did this other computer have Office 97 installed?
*** On this other computer was E-Z-MRP connected to the back end on your
server or running locally on this machine?

 I then installed Office 2003 on said computer but the problem persisted.
*** Was Office 97 also installed?  If so try uninstalling both versions of
Office and E-Z-MRP and reinstalling Office 2003 and then E-Z-MRP.

 I started thinking that maybe Windows 7 on the server was the problem.
*** I don't think that the OS on the server is relevant. The mdb on the
server is being read by Access in the client machine.

 I then installed the TSi company file on the old server--still had the same
problem.
*** Again, the server is not the problem.  I think we checked that out by
running the back end locally on one of the machines with Office 97 and
generated the error.

 The error message is now random
*** Random how?  Does it work sometimes and not other times?  Or are you
getting different errors?

 --when I click on the arrow I don't see any address information except on
the two VAIOS. This is REALLY STRANGE. HELP!!!!
*** But consistent.  I have never encountered this problem before at a
client site and am polling my forum for clues.

Again, I think the ultimate answer will be to upgrade all the clients to
Office 2003.

Any clues there?

MTIA

Rocky