[AccessD] Sometimes Microsoft really is good

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 24 08:42:45 CDT 2010

I had an issue with Visual Studio, it decided that I was using it for the first time.  BOO!

I had to reconfigure how the panes dock.  BOO!

When I finished and tried to run, the application crashed.  BOO!

It reported the error.  YEAAA!

It told me I needed to download a hotfix.  YEAAA!

It took me directly to the page to get the hotfix!  YEAAA!

Which I did.  Now, I have no idea whether this is going to actually fix it or not but it is in areas
like this that I am impressed with Microsoft.  Yea, bugs are a PITA, but we all have them.  It is
how we handle them that makes the difference and MS really handles that side of things well IMHO.

To have a list of bugs, the specific patch that fixes it, the reporting that finds it, and the
system to get it and install it is pretty cool.