[AccessD] Strange font

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Mon May 3 13:27:24 CDT 2010

Debbie,

I see what you mean. In fact I see i, and j as well as l showing up apparently dimmer. This is an artifact of using the so called 'ClearType' effect.

Open the windows desktop display properties sheet and select the 'Appearance' tab. The click the 'Effects' button on that tab. On the effects dialog you have the option to use a choice of methods to 'smooth edges of screen fonts' or to turn if off altogether. On my system the options are off (check box cleared) or 'Standard' and 'ClearType'. If you select 'Standard' or clear the checkbox then the issue goes away without having to change anything in your application.

On the other had if you want to do a global change of font in your application, you can do that in a snap using Rich Fisher's Find and Replace.

Lambert