[AccessD] SQL Server Linked Servers Post

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 4 01:16:13 CDT 2010

Hi Ken (and Susan)

Nice finding! That explains it very well.

The only topic missing is how to link an mdb file shared - not exclusively - meaning that it may already be opened by another process, typically an Access frontend, and even though SQL Server will be able to at least read the mdb file.
Yes, you need to specify the workgroup file's full path (it is specified but not explained how to do this in the BOL), but I have yet to get this to work as expected.

/gustav

>>> kismert at gmail.com 03-05-2010 23:42 >>>
Susan,

A shout out for your excellent post:

How do I... Query foreign data using SQL Server's linked servers?
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/datacenter/?p=133

Simple and useful, unlike the impenetrable Microsoft help on the subject.

Thanks,
-Ken