[AccessD] SQL Server "wakeup" mystery

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri May 7 14:55:28 CDT 2010

Yes, but it is EVERY USER.  Not just the FIRST user.

They load the application.  The workstations themselves are awake.  Now EACH USER tries to hit the
SQL Server and EACH USER gets an initial delay.  After that EACH user has no delay, until the next day.

That does not sound like the SQL Server (or its disks) going to sleep.