[AccessD] OT: Scripting VFP for Windows

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 8 08:36:38 CDT 2010

I run a third party application written in Visual Foxpro for Windows.  It makes heavy use of
scripting.

The application apparently does not release the handles to a CSV file that it creates as long as it
is running, and for this reason I need to cause the application to shut down and restart at the end
of every pass of the existing script (thus releasing the file handles).

I have figured out how to cause the application to close, but I need to cause it to open another
instance of the program before closing.

Is anyone familiar with VFP scripting?  Is it possible to cause VFPW to open another program as I
want to do here?

I can ask the developer on Monday but I thought I'd just throw it out here in the meantime.