[AccessD] ...table driven command/menu bar interface needed

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Sun May 9 19:34:49 CDT 2010

Hi Darryl,

I so the same thing that you do but add the following code to a hidden
startup form.

If Application.Version = 12 or Application.Version = 14 Then
    ' If CurrentProject.Properties("AllowBuiltInToolbars") = True Then
    ChangeProperty "AllowBuiltinToolbars", dbBoolean, False
  End If

The first time the application is opened the ribbon exists with my menu in
the addin tab, Close the app and from then on
no ribbon an regular looking 2003 menus's.

You do need the change property function and just in case you don't have it
here it is.

Public Function ChangeProperty(pstrPropName As String, pvarPropType As
Variant, pvarPropValue As Variant) As Integer
  Dim dbs As Database
  Dim prp As Property
  Const conPropNotFoundError = 3270

  Set dbs = CurrentDb
  On Error GoTo Change_Err
  dbs.Properties(pstrPropName) = pvarPropValue
  ChangeProperty = True

Change_Bye:
  Exit Function

Change_Err:
  If Err = conPropNotFoundError Then  ' Property not found.
    Set prp = dbs.CreateProperty(pstrPropName, pvarPropType, pvarPropValue)
    dbs.Properties.Append prp
    Resume Next
  Else
    ' Unknown error.