[AccessD] Report / Query Cross Reference

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri May 14 18:31:30 CDT 2010

Beautiful.  Simple and effective.

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Brad Marks
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 1:03 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Report / Query Cross Reference

Rocky,

Below is the code that I started with that someone shared with me.

I later defined a table and added rows to this table instead of displaying
the data with the msgbox.
I then put together a simple query and report to show the data stored in the
table.

Nothing fancy, but quite useful for our purposes.

Brad

'~~~~~~~~~~~ Start of code ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sub ListReportRecordSources()

' List the recordsources of all reports.

On Error GoTo Err_Handler

Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim doc As DAO.Document

Dim lngReportCount As Long

msgbox "*** Beginning scan of Reports for Record Source field "

Set db = CurrentDb

For Each doc In db.Containers("Reports").Documents

DoCmd.OpenReport doc.Name, acDesign, WindowMode:=acHidden

With Reports(doc.Name)

lngReportCount = lngReportCount + 1

msgbox "Report " & .Name & " RecordSource: " & .RecordSource

DoCmd.Close acReport, .Name
End With
Next doc

Exit_Point:
Set doc = Nothing
Set db = Nothing

msgbox  "*** Scanned " & lngReportCount & " reports."
Exit Sub

Err_Handler:
MsgBox Err.Description, vbExclamation, "Error " & Err.Number Resume
Exit_Point

End Sub