[AccessD] FW: Outlook Style Calendar

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sat May 15 10:16:06 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Dettman [mailto:jimdettman at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 4:54 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Outlook Style Calendar

Dale,

  Outside of a 3rd party control, the way this typically gets done is with a
form filled with text boxes, each having a label for the day.  Labels for
the weekdays appear at the top of each column

Sun   Mon   Tue   Wed   Thu   Fri   Sat
Box1  Box2  Box3  Box4  Box5  Box6  Box7
Box8  Box9...
Box29 Box30 Box31 Box32 Box33 Box34 Box35

Then some generic routines to find the starting day of the month and fill
the boxes appropriately.

The some navigation buttons to change the month/year.

Look around for a "Date Picker".  I know there are a few freeware type
things floating around.  The Access Developers Handbook also includes this
form.

Jim.