[AccessD] CSV file from hell

Robin Lawrence robin.lawrence at ukonline.co.uk
Mon May 17 09:17:02 CDT 2010

Hi Steve,
The code for the import is a straghtforward docmdtransfer text as posted
previously...

The csv file is currently 179 fields, a lot of which have repeated field
names in the header row.
Between field "Product Options" and "Buying Price" are a variable number of
fields all named "Product Options"
When I import in manually using the wizard Access renames these fields
"Field121,Field123" etc
I then use the fields collection to find the positions of these two fields
so I can extract the data in between.

What's happening at present when running the docmdtransfertext -
If the destination table va_orders is not present I get : 'the search key
was not found in any record (3709)
If the destination table is present : (imported via the wizard)    :
'duplicate output destination '[fieldname] (3063)
If I import with the wizard, save the specification and run with that
specification it all works until the fields in the import file change

If I remove the import file : I get as expected my error message generated
by error 3011

I haven't yet been able to run it on a different installation of Access (
it's XP SP3 by the way) to eliminate corruption

>From what you're saying I assume your tests just result in the table being
added with no errors?

Regards
Robin