[AccessD] Access 2007 Application for Reporting Only – SQL Server Security

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Fri May 21 10:28:22 CDT 2010

Hi Brad,

That sounds like it would do what you want, however there may be another
route for the users.
If the PC that has your program and the person logging in to it has
permission to use the SQL Server with windows authentication and has full
time Access he (or she) could create an ADP and log into the SQL server and
do what ever they have permission to do.. If they do not currently have full
time Access, then your solution should probably be built on run time Access
which would not allow the user to create an ADP.

Just a thought..

Bill