[AccessD] fIRST TIME ACCESS TO SQL SERVER

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue May 25 14:13:28 CDT 2010

I am using ODBC to link to sql server views from Access 2003.  The very first view I open causes a
delay of several seconds.  After that none of the views have a delay.  I think (and will report back
later) that after a time of inactivity I encounter that delay again.

Is there something I can do to prevent that opening delay? (I suspect not).

Is there something I can do to prevent the "timeout" or whatever is occurring that causes the delay
to be encountered again later?  (I suspect so).