[AccessD] "Record is deleted" error

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed May 26 20:53:04 CDT 2010

We've had discussions about bound and unbound?  Funny, I don't
recall.... ;)

What that debate finally boiled down too was that bound controls provide
a lot of functionality built in, that if you only need that
functionality, why re-invent the wheel?!?!

In my case, I rarely built a form or interface that didn't need some
sort of special tweaking.  In fact, I rarely built entire systems.  When
I did build a complete system, I usually had classes and collections
setup to handle all the business logic with code, so it was necessary to
use unbound forms and controls to interact with the data intensive
classes. Bound forms would go around my business logic.

I guess a bound control is like walking into a dealership and buying a
Lexus with a warranty.  It'll get you where you want to go in style.
Unbound is like building a muscle car in a garage.  When you are done,
you know every nut and bolt and what it does.  When you drive it, you
can picture every single element that you put in place, working
together.  Problem is that there are dealerships that sell lemons, and
home built cars that fall apart after ten feet.  So some experiences
have jaded people.

Drew