[AccessD] Access JPG display problem

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Nov 3 06:02:20 CDT 2010

Hi Doug

Could it be a missing Photo Editor:

http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/501098-access-not-showing-image-form-just-filename

/gustav

>>> dbdoug at gmail.com 02-11-2010 17:13:52 >>>
I have an Access 2003 form with an image control to display small jpg files
which are stored outside the database.  Each time the form loads, it picks a
matching jpg and sets the Picture property of the image control.  This works
just fine on my system and one of my clients.  On another client, the
database shows an error message saying the database 'doesn't support the
format'.  Microsoft's website says that I shouldn't need any extra add-ons
to display jpgs, the capability is built into Office 2003.  Loading a jpg
into Word on the problem client's system works OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,
Doug