[AccessD] New engagement; trying to avoid the "tip of the iceberg" consulting trap

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sat Nov 6 19:36:11 CDT 2010

Thanks all. Jim D. - based on that great rate that you are getting,
I've decided to make it a fully-paid 8 hour assessment.
After all, they're at least getting a report at the end of it.
That'll be the deliverable.

I have no idea as to what I'm walking into with this client.
Since this engagement has been "on again", "off again", several times....
I don't think that's a good sign of a "stable" client.
This sort of conduct indicates in-fighting, budget problems, or other
management "issues".
I've been thru the mill over the past 2 years with IT vs. End user politics
and let me tell you,
 it really, really sucks.

So after the 1 hour interview, if they don't like the "deal", I walk out.
No charge.