[AccessD] New engagement; trying to avoid the "tip of the iceberg" consulting trap

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Tue Nov 9 15:00:39 CST 2010

Yes Susan, it worked fine saved as an MDB from AC2007. They utilized zero
2007 features as far as I can see.

Interestingly, in this project, there is a good reason to use compiler
directives to handle things like turning off the ribbon which only works in
2007. In that regard, I change one line of code, and the code will be
interpreted under 2007.
' place this at the top of a module
#Const VERSION = 2003

#If VERSION = 2007 Then
  ' add code to remove ribbon here
#End If

Problem is: I don't think there's a way in VBA to remove the ribbon, is
there ?
I saw the manual method...ughh...it's a cludge...creating a blank ribbon.