[AccessD] Another assessment....2007

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:55:22 CST 2010

?Mark,

I have a couple of clients doing the same as Mark slowly upgrading (?) to
office 2007 or 2010. In one case it is an MDE created in 2003 and it works
in 2010. I disable the ribbon and the client sees the same screen in ether
2003 or 2007 or 2010. By the way if you create the MDE in 2010 it will not
open in 2003. I did have some problems with a query that referenced a public
variable in the form,  and a report footer text box that referenced a public
variable in the report and had to create a public function(s)  in a module
to get around that. Both worked fine in Access 2003 but seemed to require
public functions in 2010, they both are working fine now. These are both
running against Sql server backend with ODBC.

Bill