[AccessD] A database problem....looking for a solution

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 24 01:13:06 CST 2010

Mark,

The temp table is the way I would probably go, or you could (I think) as
long as the table row of contract data has a unique identifier and all
columns are null unless have been updated, could you do something like
below:

SELECT UniqueID, MAX(Field1) AS F1, MAX(Field2) AS F2 (etc etc)
FROM YourContractTable
GROUP BY UniqueID

Or there is another way (he thinks again) but would be using a stored
procedure and unless you already have one a insert date field with the date
time that the record was inserted.  But the only way I know how to do that
is with the use of the #TempTable and a cursor, so not sure if that would be
an ideal solution

Paul