[AccessD] Email From Access

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Oct 6 00:09:24 CDT 2010

Dear List:

Legacy system using old technology to send email got shaky.  Can't remember
exactly what the limitation was but I think it was having trouble with
Exchange, and, IIRC (50-50 chance) it was using COM.

Anyway, we started casting about for a more robust solution and vbSendMail
worked real well.  Except, registering the dlls is a problem because client
intends this to be a commercial system and getting the dlls registered
requires admin account.  Too complex.  He'd like something more user
friendly.   Something that will work well in the Wise/Sagekey script I
genned up to install this bad boy so the user doesn't need to know anything
technical.

I've used Send Object for simple emailing from some apps but I don't know
what the limitations are.

What is the best alternative?  I'd prefer something without dlls or ocxes.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334