[AccessD] SSD - Anything to it?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 12 13:09:52 CDT 2010

Rocky,

I am actually placing my SQL Server database files on the SSD.  The "FE" in my case is C# code or
even queries that SQL Server is running directly.

As for trying to do an Access BE sitting on a SSD, no, I would think it would work just like any
other BE except that the file server could get at the pieces of the file much faster.

As I mentioned, you will not get a 100X increasde in speed, not even close, however you should see
significant speed increases in most cases, even with an Access BE.