[AccessD] More on SSD...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 17 12:18:39 CDT 2010

Hi Mark:

It may be a while before I also go that route as the following may
discourage some on this list from full-heartedly adopting the technology at
this time. ;-)

<quote>
...But love can be expensive. Without offering an exact price tag, Pollack
said the solid-state array cost AOL about $20 per gigabyte, which adds up to
about $1 million with 50TB of capacity.
</quote>

I wonder how far away $20 per terabyte can be?

Jim