[AccessD] Friday Puzzler - Access 2007 - "Report View" "OnFormat"and "On Paint" Events

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Sat Oct 30 06:54:43 CDT 2010

A.D.,

Yes, I did read your earlier post and I appreciate the assistance.  I have experimented with your suggestion.

I am still digging into this problem, more out of curiosity than anything else.  I am still learning about Access and I like to understand why things work (or not work).

For example in the "On Paint" Event
  Me.Box1.BackColor = vbBlue
  Works nicely

But the command
  Me.Box1.Width = 1000
does not work within the "On Paint" Event.  This puzzles me.

I would like to understand why.

Thanks again for your help.  Maybe I am "over thinking" this whole deal.

Sincerely,
Brad