[AccessD] Leave a bound form in a library.

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 1 11:14:05 CDT 2010

A.D.

Thanks for that. I am working on a Presentation Level Security System (PLSS) AKA my Lightweight
Security System.  The PLSS is not an add-in in the typical sense of having an entry in the Add-in
menu of the tool bar.

PLSS is really a set of forms in the PLSS which the security administrator uses to set up security,
but mostly (on a day to day basis to the user) it is a security framework that forces a user log in,
associates a user with a group or groups, associates application forms with a group / groups and
controls the forms based on a VENN diagram intersection of the user's groups and the form's groups.
  IOW it emulates Windows Security system for Access objects.

I really do not know how your "add-in factors" relate to using the forms stored in the library to
access data stored in the FE.  The actual code in the library pretty much just works for my purposes.

I have been doing this kind of thing since somewhere around 2001.

Access 2K brings some interesting challenges as it has a bug relating to circular references between
a form pointing to a class which sinks events for the form.  That bug was fixed in Access 2002.

The PLSS is now working at the form level, for Access 2002 and above, and I have a test / demo
database which exercises the user / group / form security in a realistic (if small) environment.