[AccessD] VMWare VSphere

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 2 14:53:45 CDT 2010

I have heard it is all command prompts based... no GUI but real men and
women don't need fancy graphics. ;-)

Graphics sucks up a huge amount of resources so for best performance, if you
can heave that presentation manager, receiving a 50% performance bounce
would not be an unreasonable expectation.

I will be working on a Debian Linux server (the station is an old beater
box, 4 years ago state-of-the-art and now state-of-the-ark) this weekend,
for a site backup (a full Windows LAN and a couple of remotes) and trying to
put in a Virtual Windows7 station in as well, so by Tuesday I should be an
expert. 8-)

Jim