[AccessD] decompile doesn't continue

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 2 23:18:52 CDT 2010

I am attempting to decompile in a batch file.  I need to decompile my framework, compact the
framework, decompile the fe, compact the fe.

I put it all in a batch file and the decompile opens the framework and stops.  If I manually close
Access then the batch file continues processing.

Does anyone know how to do this without the batch file stalling on the decompile?

rem Copy from server to local
xcopy W:\disnew\C2DbFWA2K.mda c:\Dev\Disnew /Y

rem decompile and compact
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" c:\Dev\Disnew\C2DbFWA2K.mda /Decompile
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" c:\Dev\Disnew\C2DbFWA2K.mda /compact

rem copy to final
xcopy c:\Dev\Disnew\C2DbFWA2K.mda c:\DisFE /Y

rem copy to local
xcopy W:\disnew\Disco_FE.mdb c:\Dev\Disnew /Y

rem decompile and compact
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" c:\Dev\Disnew\Disco_FE.mdb /Decompile
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" c:\Dev\Disnew\Disco_FE.mdb /compact