[AccessD] Access version

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 7 13:03:28 CDT 2010

Access 97 and Access 2K have "issues" with using event handling in classes, in particular with
storing a pointer to the form in the class and then closing the form without first intentionally
closing the class.  These issues were fixed in Access 2002 and above.

As a result of these issues, I need to force the form close to go through a button where I can
insert cleanup code, thus I need to make sure the AllowClose button is not enabled in these
environments.

I have never used code that figures out the version.  Does anyone have such code?