[AccessD] Scroll button

Den Patrino patrinod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 22:18:39 CDT 2010

John ...

The code sent is used on a form that returns one record for
editing/updating.
The form cycle property is to current record so the user doesn't go to a new
record after finishing his updates.
The only problem that I've encountered with the mouse wheel is that the form
will go to a new record if the user accidentally moves the scroll button.
To solve this problem, the code prevents the user from going to a new record
without the need of using a dll to disable the scroll wheel.
It works for that purpose, is simple and one doesn't have to worry about
distributing and registering a dll.

Private Sub Form_Current()
        DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst
End Sub

I've never had any other problems with  the scroll button. Can you give me
an example of a problem?

Thanks,
Dennis Patrino