[AccessD] LightSwitch (was: Automating web page entry (was: Scroll button))

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 10 07:34:20 CDT 2010

Gustav,

That does sound amazing, and I will check it out.  I am all about C# / Visual Studio.

However understand that this is an existing (very old) fairly large application, written ages ago in
Access (by a developer long gone), that I simply maintain for my client.  This specific piece is
taking data from this system, pulling the billing information into a form and trying to allow them
to get the data out of Access and into the Web page in an expeditious fashion.  Not a trivial task
(at least in Access) given the web form I have to work with.

I might be able to convince them to move just this one piece out to an external application.  This
is a huge time suck for them and the rest of the state of PA.  To be honest I am praying that they
will wise up and start accepting data files.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to mention LightSwitch.  I will definitely check it out.

Are you using it for anything specific yet?