[AccessD] can't select data in control when AllowEdit false

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Sep 10 08:23:36 CDT 2010

I had this problem on forms which the user may or may not be allowed to edit
based on their access level when they log in at the opening form.

If they're not allowed edits they still need to select a record from a combo
box.  So in the On_Click event of the combo box I set Me.AllowEdits = True,
and then in the Lost Focus of the combo, set AllowEdits = False.

Rocky