[AccessD] SQL Server Express - true skinny

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 10 18:48:33 CDT 2010

Hi Jim:

OTOH quoted directly from MS documentation:

"...maximum database size of 4 GB per database (increased to 10 GB for SQL
Server Express 2008 R2) (compared to 2 GB in the former MSDE). The limit
applies per database (log files excluded); but in some scenarios users can
access more data through the use of multiple interconnected databases."

So who is still using MS SQL 2005 when MS SQL 2008 is freely available and
is easy to do an over-write.

Jim