[AccessD] LightSwitch (was: Automating web page entry (was: Scrollbutton))

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 12 07:05:57 CDT 2010

Hi Shamil

I'll keep an eye on this. Last week we changed to MAPS for Developers and Friday I received DVDs and keys for VS 2010 but haven't had the time to install it yet.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 12-09-2010 11:44 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your reply.
No, I didn't expect quick feedback on my questions.
I have just put them here to mark what I'd like to see available in
LightSwitch to consider it as a "serious" development tool.

I have read somewhere that the next Beta of LightSwitch should have MS
Access databases available as datasources? Via EF? That would be really
useful if they implement something like EF provider for MS Access
databases...

POCO article - yes, looks interesting but too complicated IMO. I didn't yet
check how POCO ORM is done in VS2010 EF but as far as I have got known it's
done there smoothly with most of infrastructure/plumbing ORM code "buried"
in EF and related classlibs - is it right? ...

Thank you.

-- Shamil