[AccessD] LightSwitch - first impressions

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 12 13:14:23 CDT 2010

Hi John

I think the mdf gets attached on-the-fly and detached when the client app closes. Just guessing ...

But you can easily attach to an "external" database. The tutorial uses good old Northwind installed on your local SQL Express instance.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 12-09-2010 19:34 >>>
What confuses me is that I cannot see the database with SSMS.  If it is on my machine, where do I go
to see it in SMSS?  The server should exist in the list of servers I can attach to, and once
attached, my database should be in the db list.