[AccessD] Verizon Droid 2 for the wife

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:58:15 CDT 2010

1. To uninstall software: Settings->Manage Applications->Choose All
(Default is Downloaded).

You can uninstall FaceBook, Maps, My Verizon.

This is a Droid, not an iPhone. ;)

2. That's how you get virii ;)

But I suppose you can (using directions above) uninstall maps, then
install the non OEM Map app.

If it isn't downloadable from the marketplace (red flag IMO)

go to Settings ->Manage Applications -> and check "Unknown sources"

then install it.

more and more apps are going to using ads as a deterrent to purchase
the full version.

It does piss me off that they started placing ads on the Map app
update last week.