[AccessD] Tree View/Images/Command Bar

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Thu Sep 16 08:18:59 CDT 2010

Hey All
About a week ago I developed a treeview form for a client who had 1,000s
of lab results.  About 6 years ago I had developed a fairly complex
treeview form  (10 levels) for a client, but I guess it is old age
because I couldn't remember how I did  most of the activities performed
on the form. So basically I had relearn everything all over again. This
became a study in frustration, "Just show me how to do it.", don't show
me a page of cyptic code when I don't understand what I am doing in the
first place.

Anyway I decided to create a primer or cheat sheet mdb that I could use
as a reference, to be updated as time goes by. It incorporates a
treeview with 4 levels (from simple data tables) , treeview images (not
a big fan of images but sometime I may need them, the images are poor
quality because I just cut and pasted them) and a commandbar for the
treeview.  There is no fancy code (I wanted to keep it bare bones), some
of the code is repetative, and because it is not an application there is
no error trapping, integrity checks, etc.

I am not an expert by any means with treeviews and commandbars, but it
is a working model.
If anyone is interested in working with treeviews and wants to avoid
some of the frustration I went through, I can send you a copy of the
primer offline.  Maybe you can show me a few tips and tricks.

Part 2 (when I get some more time) of my primer will incorporate linked
subforms and list boxes.

MDB - Access 2000
Hopefully everything will work on your machine, as I did read  that
sometimes problems can occur with the controls.