[AccessD] OT: (kinda) FTP Question. Heeeeelp

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Sep 21 01:16:26 CDT 2010

Hi Robert

In my experience multithreading is only of major value for transferring bunches of small files where you for each file have a lot of housekeeping not eating bandwidth. For large files, indeed GB-sized, this housekeeping is not significant and the transfer itself will consume all bandwidth available.

/gustav

>>> robert at servicexp.com 20-09-2010 22:54 >>>
Jim,
  I'm looking to upload a split zip folder via command line (bat file) (all
other functions (zip, slit, move, and rename) are command line based). Some
of these files can be several gigs large, so there is a tremendous need for
multiple transfer threads...

WBR
Robert