[AccessD] Final Totals on Access Report to not include all report rows

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Wed Sep 29 15:06:11 CDT 2010

All,

I ran into a unusual situation recently.
I have developed a solution with some VBA code, but
afterwards I wondered if there is a better approach.

Below is a small sample of the data that needs to be on a report.

The Goal for Acct "A" is 100.00, the Goal for Acct "B" is 200.00.

During a month, transactions are done with amounts stored in "Amt-2".

We now want to have final totals.  The catch is that we only want to
add an Account's Goal one time to the final total
for each account (Final total of 300.00 instead of 600.00)

Is there a simple way to obtain these results in an Access Report?

The VBA method works, but there probably is a better way to do this.

Acct Goal   Amt-2

A   100.00  1.00
A   100.00  4.00
B   200.00  5.00