[AccessD] FE's Disconnecting from BE

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 19:58:30 CDT 2011

At just one of my customers, we've recently had the experience where the FE
files have all, at the same time, had one or more table links disconnect
from the BE file, and then all the table links reconnected no more than 15
minutes later.  As far as we know, there was no human intervention.  A Disk
or Network Error was recorded by the FE in the GlobalErrors table with is in
the BE file, so this table link did not disconnect.

The network setup is a little complex - they use a Storage Area Network
(SAN) with multiple disks, virtual server (VMWare), and Citrix.  The system
is 3 - 6 times slower with data intensive activity compared to my other
customers using a LAN and a physical server.

Anyone have any ideas on a cause, what I can monitor, or what I could do?

Thanks!

Dan