[AccessD] Word document merge

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Apr 2 09:48:54 CDT 2011

Stuart,

 > Are these "one-off" documents, or do you process several in one run?

I am starting to check inmates out of the local camp for AA meetings, church and the like.  This is
the checkout document that I have to fill out for each time I check someone out.  So I will be
filling out a checkout parent/child recordset for each inmate for each time I will check them out.
I can never check out more than three inmates at a time, so I might fill out for one inmate for
church, and two for an AA meeting on Tuesday.  Like that.

Actually I eventually figured it out.  I am using bookmarks and inserting data in the bookmarks.  I
think the way it will work is that I will have a button on the form where I fill out the data.  fill
one "checkout", print it, do the next, print it.

I have to sign these and then fax them to the prison.  I would like to eventually have a signature
gif which I insert into the document, and eventually fax them straight out of my machine.