[AccessD] datatype Time(7) precision

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Apr 2 11:49:59 CDT 2011

Hi John

That should influence the fractions of a second only:

Specifies the number of digits for the fractional part of the seconds.
This can be an integer from 0 to 7.
The default fractional precision is 7 (100ns).

As Access out of the box doesn't support fractions of seconds, you must be facing another issue.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 02-04-2011 17:37:07 >>>
What does the (7) really mean?  Is it possible to manipulate that number to determine how many
seconds / milliseconds etc that SQL server is expecting to be entered?

Im am trying to enter time in Access and I am currently required to enter the seconds part

hh:mm:ss

08:00:00

If I don't enter the seconds SQL Server complains as I try to store the field.