[AccessD] Autonumber when?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Apr 6 15:38:13 CDT 2011

I hear you Ken.

I have written a framework for MDB BEs.  It is very large, and has tons of functionality, and was
never intended to run against SQL Server simply because nobody was using that back when I wrote it.

Now I am trying to use it for a SQL Server back end.  It is not just a simple case of "write a
library for this and a library for that.  Additionally I need it to work where this table (or set of
tables) is kept in an MDB and that one is moved to SQL.

I write frameworks.  The framework does a ton of stuff which is handled automatically.  It handles
the not in list and the dbl click of combos for example.  The dbl click of a combo opens a form and
moves to the record that the combo is displaying.  Classes instantiate classes which instantiate
classes.

I am just not sure that "writing separate libs" is a viable option.  It would mean a complete
rewrite of the framework and then a complete rewrite of the FE.