[AccessD] is this date affected?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 19 04:57:50 CDT 2011

Hi David

Not exactly.
That will loosen the condition to satisfy the question: "such as Every other Saturday before x weeks after 4/16/2011".
For example, 2011-03-19 will be accepted, and these values will be as well:

StartingSat = #2011/04/17#
NumOfSats = 5
SiQ = #2011/05/15#

Of course, you may have validated SiQ to be larger than StartingSat as well as StartingSat to be a Saturday prior to calling your easy expression, but how can we know?

Also, the DateAdd formula could be reduced to: DateAdd("ww", NumOfSats, StartingSat)

/gustav

>>> davidmcafee at gmail.com 18-04-2011 22:01 >>>
Yes, but I can check if Saturday in Question (SiQ) is less than:

IF SiQ < DateAdd("d",(7 * NumOfSats),StartingSat) THEN
     Is Affected = ((SiQ - StartingSat) Mod 14 = 0)
ELSE
     IsAffected = False
END IF

Or even easier:

? IIF(SiQ <DateAdd("d",(7 * NumOfSats),StartingSat) ,((SiQ - StartingSat) Mod 14 = 0) ,False)