[AccessD] Using ADO to change a TableDef? Mixing ADO and DAO?

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:35:20 CDT 2011

Yes, it is possible to change a table (not a tabledef, please note)
with ADO, but you have to use the ADOX library, and the process is
different. ADOX is the library that lets you create and edit tables
using ADO.  The 2010 help files aren't very helpful when it comes to
ADOX, I've noticed.  However, the MSDN files are better.  Take a look
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291264/fr to see about manipulating
tables and links in ADOX.

Charlotte Foust