[AccessD] Doing a find on a form bound to an ADO recordset

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Aug 13 00:22:59 CDT 2011

I want to do a find on an ADO recordset.  The form is correctly bound to the recordset, I can see
the records, edit them etc. but when I try to do the find using me.Recordset, I get an error:

Data provider could not be initialized.

If I try to dim an ADO recordset object and assign it to me.Recordset I get the same thing.

And yet I originally set me.Recordset = SomeADORst

Any clue what is happening or how to do what I am trying to do?

If I dim an ADO recordset object and set it to the recordset, then assign that to me.Recordset, does
my dimmed pointer point to the form's recordset?

I'm confused.