[AccessD] Access 2010 Filter By Form ... 3 different fields, any of which can be filtered...

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:10:31 CDT 2011

Access 2010.

I am having some real frustration and I wonder if it is my own fault...

I have a datasheet subform on a main form, and it has r fields I am
interested in filtering:

Global_Customer_Name
Regional_Customer_Name
Owner_Name

I want to see all records where any of those have a value like *Calpine*

So I went into Filter By Form and used 3 tabs. On one tab I limited
Global_Customer_Name to Like "*Calpine*". Then I clicked the OR tab at the
bottom, which brought me to the next tab in this filtering display, and went
to the field Regional_Customer_Name and entered Like "*Calpine*" there as
well. Likewise with Owner_Name

When I applied the filter, I was seeing ALL records!

What am I doing wrong please? Or is there a bug in Access.