[AccessD] AC 2007/2010 - Help...this is turning into a researchproject

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sun Aug 7 19:25:48 CDT 2011

Unfortunately, we are all stuck having to explain things this way.....
As few understand the software dev business....
And it's gotten much worse since the whole Indianization movement.

Recently, I was in another situation where contractors were held to scrutiny
only by end-users....and of course, this could really suck...as you can
imagine.

To explain this I had to use the analogy of Detroit auto maker engineers
being only accountable for designing and building their cars by car dealers.
Can you imagine the chaos ?
SAMPLE PERFORMANCE REVIEW BY DEALER:
"This car you built stinks....Why doesn't this car get 50 mpg and cost $20k
?
"That's what we really need ! The car you built only gets 35 mpg and it
costs $30k !"
AND IF YOU RESPOND, YOU GET THIS:
"Why can't you do better ?"
"What's wrong with you ?"
"You suck...."

Sadly, a lot of IT temp/contract work has degraded into this condition of
"unreasonableness"....high pressure, low pay.

A warning to all venturing in that direction....