[AccessD] Listbox item Selected property staying false after clicking an item

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:54:01 CDT 2011

Just in case the name of the listbox seems confusing it is because I later
on changed the control to a listbox, but I had code referring to it in a
number of places and just have not had time to rename it.

I click on an item in a listbox and I can tell I have selected it but
whenever I test for Selected = true, Access is not reporting the true state
of the selected property.

There are column heads.

Any idea why?

Function ActiveReportID() As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim Frm As Form
On Error Resume Next
Set Frm = Forms("FrmMatchReport")
If Frm Is Nothing Then
  ActiveReportID = 0
  Exit Function
End If

With Frm
  For i = 1 To .Controls("cboReportHeader").ListCount - 1
    If .Controls("cboReportHeader").Selected(i) Then 'Seems always to be
false even when staring at the control I can tell it's true!
      ActiveReportID = .Controls("cboReportHeader").Column(0, i)
      Exit Function
    End If
  Next
End With