[AccessD] Access 2007 - The story so far.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Aug 21 23:28:54 CDT 2011

The KB which you you can't find is quite short.  Here it is:

How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains many updates to improve Windows 7, but if you
encounter a problem with hardware or a program after installing the service pack, you might
want to temporarily uninstall it to troubleshoot the problem.

If you installed SP1 yourself, you can uninstall it. However, if your computer came with SP1
already installed, it can't be uninstalled.

Uninstalling SP1 using Programs and Features

The easiest way to uninstall SP1 is using Programs and Features.

    Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and
then click Programs and Features.

    Click View installed updates.

    Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), and then click Uninstall.

    If you don't see Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932) in the list of installed
updates, your computer likely came with SP1 already installed, and you can't uninstall the
service pack. If the service pack is listed but grayed out, you can't uninstall the service pack.

Uninstalling SP1 using the Command Prompt

    Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then, in the search box, type
Command Prompt.

    In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

    Type the following: wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932

    Press the Enter key.

If you can't uninstall SP1

If you've used Disk Cleanup since installing SP1, the backup files needed to uninstall the
service pack might have been deleted from your computer. To remove the service pack,
you'll need to reinstall Windows 7. For installation information, see Installing and reinstalling
Windows 7.