[AccessD] Access 2007 - The story so far.

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:17:50 CDT 2011

Darryl, I want to go to one of your earlier characterizations of the
problem:

Quoting:
...the script used to update the database on the other PC's was failing
[when]
the front end tried to talk to the back end using ADO.  If I manually ran it
then Access seemed to fix the reference, but using script to open the accde
file it would always fail as per the links below.

1) What do you mean "update" the database on the other machines?... you mean
anything at all (insert, delete, etc) or do you mean copying objects?
2) What do you mean when you manually ran it? Ran what, the script?

Can you give more details of when this does and does not fail?

Does it fail in either of these environments

If a database and excel file which uses ADO to query the accdb file are both
on a W7SP1 user's machine then given to a client such that
    a) XP user keeps both files on his/her desktop
    b) Several XP users keeps the Excel file on their PCs and the accdb on
goes on a server for
          several users to make use of